Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Amy & Andy & My family!

It's 6:30 AM and the house is quiet. Kids are playing legos on the living room floor, not Branden, he sits with a handheld device that's making all kinds of strange noises....he's a teenager now! I'm struggling with it! I hear "but I'm 14 now" and find myself replying "yah, 14, not 18". I'm doing my best to keep a tight reign allowing a little slack so he can feel his new found "oats". They say the teenage years are hardest, I know God planned it that way so that mom's could let go a little...they become people that...well, sometimes you just don't like!! Its funny how I think back to when I was a teen - and in the very next thought I think, this is my chance to do a better job than I thought my parents did (I remember swearing I was going to be a cool mom)! Then my thoughts go to how much things have changed for kids today....I'll do my best to get them to adulthood safely, that's really all I can do!

I grabbed these images from one of the two weddings I shot a few weekends ago...Amy & Andy. It was Amy's mom who called me a year ago and said "Save the date, Amy's getting married and we want you to photograph it". I'd never met Amy and thought how brave her mom was to make that decision for her...I met Amy about six weeks before her wedding and we clicked right away! She was sweet and when I asked if she was comfortable with her moms (who was also her maid-of-honor) decision to hire me, she assured me she'd done her homework and seen some of my work! The wedding was lovely! The church was amazing! I had my friend Melissa (we share studio space) second shoot with me and we had a great time capturing images for them!
On the home front, my big girl turned 8 since my last post. She's awesome! She helps me more than anyone else in the house. Her room is generally neat and she's self motivated to keep it that way! Admittedly, as much as there are times I can't stand her attitude, I see myself in her so much! There, I admitted it! Happy belated Birthday to my Kenna girl....I love you so much!

Thanks to my friend Peg, she's always looking out for me....she found this amazing place for photos. I took some of her son, Carlos there! It's got all my business colors - brown and green - so I had my friend Deb Harmon take my family photos there - I'll share them all here after my Christmas cards are out...but there were enough to show you one or two... Here's super cute Carlos with his dog Lola...........a winning pair!! Thanks for sharing this cool spot with me Peg!!! :)
Im off to deliver the children to their schools! Time flies when you're having fun and its taken me 1.5 hours to create this post!! (well, in between hair, makeup and the usual chaos of a family of 6).
Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Post a Comment