Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A mommy post.......

I'm putting my heart on my sleeve with this post....

You see this face........what is a mom to do when this sweet, innocent face asks for a family meeting so that he can present his case as to why he hates his new school and the kids that attend there and how badly he wants to go back to his old school (a 15 minute drive from home).

He's made a few friends but mostly he keeps his distance from the rest. They offend him. They swear and fight and treat adults with disrespect. He cannot comprehend any of it. He's been in the school for three months....I know we've got to give it more time. I miss my friends too. The town I grew up in has changed. I keep thinking, I'm an outsider now and maybe becoming part of it again will take some time too. I feel selfish....I thought I was doing a good thing for them providing them with more room to roam but when his heart aches so much, it makes mine ache 100 times more.

I love the new house....but I love my son more. Im not sure what I'll do....for now I'll think.

I'll take all the encouraging words you'd like to share!

~kel~

No comments:

Post a Comment