Thursday, February 10, 2011

Our story of Valentines....

THIS is what I love about Valentines day!!!!!!! Every year I'm thankful to see them still taking the time to sit and write each classmates name with care. Branden's already outgrown it and buying "cool" valentines for an 11-year-old boy is nearly impossible! I didn't take the time to create my own cards for them this year, seems almost a chore to get them in front of the camera sometimes!
I love the excitement in choosing just the right card for each child in her class........

...the concentration it takes to spell each name correctly......

but sometimes there are so many, the concentration fades and eyes get tired.......


at about the 8th card....the exhaustion sets in.......


...to the point you flat out need to rest a minute........

....but, she pulls it together and gets the other five done.....pen capped....job done!!!!!
After all that work, a whipped cream sundae is definately in order!!!!
That's how its done over here!!!!

Makenna did her's in her room this year...there's something more personal about writing out valentines when you're a 2nd grader I guess. I missed it all!

Cameron prepared a box for all his school cards and decorated it like a Rubix cube. It was cute...he was very proud!

Today I couldn't make it up our steep driveway! Ice has overtaken the dirt the boys put down for me yesterday. Brother bailed me out with lots of dirt - I consider all wheel drive on a daily basis now!

I'm off to edit!

Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Post a Comment