Sunday, January 30, 2011

Girly update.....

I had to post updated pics of the girls for those who didn't see these on facebook. I am putting all my current work there as it gets more traffic.

We have gotten so much snow here in Maine and the kids school is often cancelled as the district reaches far into more rural areas. The roads are less travelled and as much as I hate to think they will tack those days on in June, I'm glad I don't have to worry about bus accidents.

So here we had the second snow day in a week and I told the girls I wanted to take some photos of them to update my walls. Seems about every six months I'm doing this.....whether they change that much in six months is really not the issue.....I just need change!! I'm already looking at the house and thinking about what I can change - colors, furniture, etc. Right now I'm having fun trying to piece together an office that has my taste splashed all over it. I like pottery barn meets primitive design. I never had much for choices in the little house so I'm really taking it to a new level here. Its so much fun!!

To get this sweet face from Ms. Marleigh, I ask her to say "I love you, Mom" and wait for her mouth to finish the sentence....this works well with all my children :)
I LOVE a serious face........

She was feeling pretty cool.....


I tried a vintage feel to this one.......that's my curtain tie-back around her head and she's wearing a gold shirt of mine!

My kids have that serious face down.....they love when they don't have to smile and I don't get upset when they don't smile right...serious is so much easier!!!!
Okay, occassionally I let Marleigh strike her own pose......
Love my girlies!!! Today we are off to see what we can find to decorate their rooms......tall mirrors and some fun organizational items I hope are what they choose.....they, like me, are ready for change in the house! Winter does that to us!
Enjoy!
~kel~

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics, Kelly!! They are both growing up so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,

    Your girlies are absolutely beautiful! But then again, look at their Mom! Hugs to you!

    Love,
    France

    ReplyDelete