Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Remembering Dad......

Today makes 22 years since we lost my dad in the plane crash. This year is a little different....I'm the age he was when he died. Im struggling with the thoughts that come through my head as I think of my mom and how she felt being left alone with four kids - two of us in our teenage years - I remember being obnoxious and self-centered!!!! Its really strange how the anniversary of something big like this can be celebrated with different thoughts and feelings every year based on where you are in your own life. I'll always feel blessed for the lessons I learned those following months.

Just wrote my mom a note and sent it to her email inbox at work:
"Thinking of you today!!! I'll always be glad God chose you to leave with us. I know it hasn't been easy for you....you're amazing!!! xoxoxo, Kel"

As much as I miss my dad......can't imagine the days without my mom!!

RIP Dad.
~kel~

No comments:

Post a Comment