Monday, April 26, 2010

Noelle.....so lovely!

This great family drove a LONG way to see ME!! They come from a state away so I knew I had to treat them right. I kept them at the studio until I felt they had enough images to make it worth the trip. I'm so honored!
So girly..her mom made her the headband with the big pink flower, I had to add more to make it look like she was in a flower bed. They want to have four children, they are fantastic parents, relaxed and involved!

The blanket in this photo is a scarf made by one of my clients, Shana Aldrich. She came to me for some head shots and we got to talking about her career in fashion and one of her own creations are these beautiful scarves! I was thrilled when she offered to share her talents with me to use for some of the babies I photograph. Ms. Noelle was my first model and I think she did a fab job!

Daddy's in the Air Force and when I saw his tattoo, I knew I had to match them up! Noelle gave me a bit of everything from smiling, to yawning to sleeping...I love it when a plan comes together!
Thank you Vania and Rob! It was wonderful meeting you and your beautiful daughter!!


ON THE HOME FRONT:
Well, things are changing! My house is slowly emptying as things get boxed up. I'm trying so hard not to be sentimental about moving out of the first home I've ever owned and brought all four of my babies home to....it only hurts when I really sit and think about it. It seems the nights are harder. Sometimes I wake from sleep in the middle of the night and my mind goes right to the move and how much change I'm causing for my kids. Are they are my first concern? I find myself wondering, am I moving for me? for Jean? certainly laying there in the dark, it doesn't feel one bit like I'm doing this for the kids because I know how hard it will be for them to change schools and friends. For me this is easy, I am moving "home". Back to my old tromping ground, my closest friends, my family and my mom! Pulling my kids away from their friends seems so unfair. BUT, then morning comes and I look at them all and know that their characters will grow from this experience. They will learn that they can survive a change so big. They are good people and will attract good friends no matter where they land. Their worlds will expand from these changes and when the next big change comes along, they will be that much more prepared. We're doing this for all of us!


I will post photos when we own the property! I'm not superstitious, just respectful of the folks that own it now. Our closing date is Friday....my stomach did a flip when I typed that...we are beyond excited!

Enjoy!
~kel~

1 comment:

  1. Love the new house! and the photos of Vania, Rob and Noelle are just gorgeous! Can't wait to see your ttd shots of them!
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete